Saturday, March 04, 2006

An M-Day














Well since I couldn't go to Maui due to lack of time (my original plan for when quiting my job), and the cruise is not for a few more days, we have decided to make this Saturday an M-Day.

Really it is because my Mother has been away in Costa Rica for the past week and a half and she desperately wants to catch up with her favorite daughter before she takes off for the tropical unknown (read that: before she is never seen or heard from again, according to my Mom's rants and raves over the past 2 days with me traveling solo).

Anyway, here I sit, eagerly anticipating her arrival in on the 10.13am LIRR. Crazy enough, M-Days are starting to become a sacred ritual around these parts and I am actually beginning to (gag) cherish them. Okay, okay, maybe it has something to do with the endless shopping trip we can always manage to take, or the tasty delights we can always manage to inhale at a classy NYC restaurant, but I like to think it has something to do with spending some quality (crazy) time with the nutty lady.

Above is a pic of an M-Day gone horribley adrift... Mainly due to my Brother crashing the fun and heading us in the direction of an old pub house in the East Village... After a few pints it all begins to get hazy. But a good time was still (surprisingly) had by all... And I don't even think my Mom declared anyone an alcoholic that day, so another added bonus (and there were quite a few pints around our table)!


M-Day: Mom, Mexican, Movie, Macy's, Mariachi, Men?, Miracle!

10 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Haha. That's what brothers are for. To make your life difficult. As a member of the Brothers with Sisters to Annoy (BSA), my life-long goal is to do just enough to annoy my feminine sibling. Oops. Wasn't supposed to share that, was I?

It sounds like your entire family are jet setters.

You're not taking anyone? This could be interesting. I suppose carrying a taser or can of mace will be hard to keep handy in a bikini.

3/4/06, 9:53 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I so love M-Days! I had one a few weeks ago when I went home to MN. Nothing beats a day of shopping and Tasty Delights with Mom! :)

3/4/06, 4:54 PM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

What about carrying my mac? Does that count when running around in a bikini? At least I will be able to document all of the debachery!!
Thx Grant & Marissa... Away I go to the open seas!
alannajoy

3/4/06, 7:49 PM  
Blogger Walter said...

Don't forget Martini starts with M. Have fun in the open sea.

3/5/06, 12:23 AM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

Have fun on your cruise, banana! Take lot of photos, and give us the dirt when you get back!

3/5/06, 8:07 AM  
Blogger Tim Hillegonds said...

Sounds like fun, have a good time.

3/5/06, 1:35 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

mom days can be good

3/7/06, 7:14 AM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Yeah, hope you have a great time.

3/9/06, 1:48 AM  
Blogger john boy said...

Nice pic of the family. Have fun on your cruise. We will await the bikini and Mac photos on your return ;)

3/9/06, 8:30 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Ajoy,

Long time no talk! Tell me you hate James Blunt as much as I do! Please!

3/13/06, 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home