Sunday, February 26, 2006

Inner Strength

It's sorta crazy when you can see your life changing course before your eyes. When you realize that things from this day forward will be different, and that you are the one who is responsible for such drastic changes that are taking place. Crazy indeed... and extremely wonderful. Maybe I'm still basking in the awe of the fact that I am strong enough to make an important decision for myself... Maybe I just can't seem to get over it all... Or maybe I am just really proud of the choices I've made for myself so far. I think that this past year especially has brought about a lot of changes where I am continually reminded of my inner strength.

I've recently decided to change jobs. I've been stuck in a bit of rutt for the past few months where work is concerned. I thought I could shake it by adding to current responsibilities and taking on new tasks. I even spoke to my boss about my feelings and he agreed that I should try something new. He offered me a new role in the company and I hoped it was what I was looking for. But a little over a month after doing so I still felt clouded, empty, and not quite in the right niche.

I resigned on Friday. I didn't know how it would all turn out. If I'd be scolded for wasting someone's time, or praised for all the hard work I've put in to date. I was pleasantly surprised...

Where do I go from here? I've been asking myself this question all weekend. I think I have some idea... One that involves white sandy beaches and frozen pina coladas...

But in the long run? Well maybe its time for me to get on that 10 year plan I've been putting off creating...

3 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

head out to nz to visit sarah with an h. maui is on the way...

2/26/06, 6:33 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Big change is always scary. Believe me! You won't know for a while whether or not you made the right decision, but at least you made one. That has been my nightmare. Sitting on the fence is a bitch!

I'm glad you seem to be doing better. Missed ya!! XO

2/27/06, 9:45 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Congrats on the move. Always a big thing to do. I enjoyed checking out your blog.

Scott

2/28/06, 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home