Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Can See The Finish Line















This week has been a chore for me.

Just waking up early and dragging my achy bones out of bed has been a task larger than comprehension. This may be attributed to the lousy flu I came down with end of last week, and a bit to do with some circumstances that are on the cusp of my control, yet... Not quite.

It's like I'm at the part in a race where all my energies have been exuded. My hips hurt, the balls of my feet are sore, and my heart is beating out of my chest. Beads of sweat collect in my sports bra, and dribble with every verticle bounce down the small of my back.

All I can do now is wait it out, keep going and have faith that the end is in site.

And it IS in site...

I am sprinting now, down the grassy patch, passing the person I have followed in step from the start. Screams and shouts of praise are being heard above the sounds of my pounding heart and inner self kicking my mental ass. The end comes into view... My legs continue to cycle... I can see the finish line...

5 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

i'm just glad that i'll never have to wear a sports bra. or at least i'll never admit it. ok, that sounded bad. for the record, i don't wear bras at all.

2/1/06, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Happy Week-End Eve! I hope things are going better for you! I think of you often! Keep kicking some mental ass! XO

2/2/06, 10:42 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

run, alanna, run! it's all worth it in the end...

2/2/06, 11:09 AM  
Blogger john boy said...

Okay, I got a little freaked when I read that your "balls are sore", but then I read it again slower. I'm okay now. I hope you are too :)

2/5/06, 9:47 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Because one of us really ought to. And as one large muscle builder turned governer says: You can do it!

2/7/06, 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home