Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Lover Boy Brandon (Walsh)

Around late afternoon I got a call from A.Star, saying she'd be down in Soho shortly and ready for our (hot) dinner date! Woo-Hoo I silently yelped! At last. Some time to catch up with my longest and closest gal pal, finally home for good from Laguna Beach!

"I'm gonna kiss ya, and hug ya, and squeeze ya and pinch ya Darling!"

As the clock struck 6, I clicked my mouse on the little blue apple icon in the top left corner of my monitor; Shut Down. I grabbed my things, remembering my umbrella as it was clearly pouring outside (nasty pellets being shot from the Gods above, remember?) and sprung out of that office onto the dark, damp street. Two blocks down and there it was; the familiar, cute, silver (whatever make) car I had seen in Laguna just a few long months before... Only now it had a giant, black roof rack gleaming on top. She had made it, driven a long way and now she was alll mine... well at least until after dindin.

I dialed her number on my cell as I approached her car, and she eagerly sprung out of the passenger seat and out onto the sidewalk, sans umbrella. We embraced whole-heartedly with smiles beaming from all angels. As the rain came down we decided to make a run for it and strolled quickly down the street to find an unpretentious and uncrowded bistro where we could catch up and giggle like old times.

As we turned the corner onto Spring Street we were suddenly bombarded with long trailers, colossal lighting apparatus and a film crew with cameras shining lights straight on in front of Ray's Pizza. Cool, I thought, Yet another possible celeb sighting to add to my growing list... Being away from NYC for such a long hiatus, A.Star was as giddy as a catholic school girl seeing a boy for the first time, and we were both ready to feast our eyes on the prey. However, we soon discovered, it was a little bit more the other way around.

We walked by in slow motion, our heads cocked dedicatedly to the right, our eyes committedly searched for a familiar face complete with the glowing aura around them. When we finally did recognize that prize creature, it appeared as though he had recognized us right back. Locking gazes immediately upon first sight stood Jason Priestley, complete in all his restored, barely scratched (and sorta...short) glory.

I turned to look behind me to find out what in the world this man could be gawking at, but there was nothing but the empty, puddle-filled street and a traffic light brightly lit green. I whipped my head back around to gander once more at the distinct face that had brought me to question. Fixed intently still he stood. I thought I was going mad, imagining things, until A.Star shot me a glare that could only say "OMG- I don't BELIEVE this..." We grinned widely at each other and continued past at a snails pace.

"Holy shit, did you SEE him? He was staring directly at us the ENTIRE time! Dude, isn't that man MARRIED? WHAT is up with that?"

Thrilling? ...Sure. Shocking? ...Perhaps. Trite? ...Um, from a celeb? ...Never. A.Star and I crossed the street, turned around to face him and belted at the top of our lungs in unison:

"Den-En-En-En... Den-En-En-En... ...CHHH -- CHHH!!!"

Then ran, and ran and ran... Until we were across the street, around the corner and tumbling over into puddles with hysterics... Gawd do I miss 90210...

15 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

I thought he died. But then again I fell for the Zack Morris is dead rumor.

Where'd you an Amster chow? I could have gotten you a rez at Dorsia. Hot, very hot!

11/17/05, 8:38 AM  
Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Man thats Crack up!! He was obviously taken with you! Fun times with good friends, sounds great hope dinner was good?!!

11/17/05, 12:11 PM  
Blogger d-mac said...

Yah, but did he offer to help you with your bags?!?

11/17/05, 12:29 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ain't life GREAT when you got a gal pal you can laugh and talk and...and...just everything with?

Hey, didn't d-mac ask that question before? About the guy who was following you? haha, that's too funnyyy.

11/17/05, 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Glad you and A.Star had a good time.

I miss me some Brandon and Dylan and.....Ahhh Good Times.

11/17/05, 2:57 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

oh 90210...those were the days...thanks for taking me on a mental walk through soho.

11/17/05, 5:27 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

AWESOME post!! Haha, I'm laughing so hard right now! :) I just had to hum the whole 90210 themesong out loud thanks to you!

11/18/05, 3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my friends always made fun of me because i TOTALY had a thing for "Steve" and did not care at all for dylan and brandon.

good job alanna - assimilating A Star back to east coast living!

11/19/05, 3:58 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Jason Priestly giving us the elevator eyes! That's right, looking us up and down inspecting the goods. He is SOOOO hot!

11/20/05, 9:56 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

It's a CIVIC sister, get it straight!

11/20/05, 9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

looove the banner! yeah, i WISH the hudson river was this blue!

11/20/05, 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be funny if he tried to find you after that first sighting?

11/20/05, 6:43 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Hey would have been pretty damn sweet if he tried to find us!

You have some SeXy LeGGs SwEEtIE

11/20/05, 7:13 PM  
Blogger Kaloni said...

Salute!

11/23/05, 5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love JP!!! I don't think I would have been able to run away. I probably would have given him the same look right back. I know he is married. But, who cares. I mean, it is Brandon Walsh!!!

12/4/05, 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home