Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving









(Following Marissa's example) I am thankful for:

Large Colorful Leaves on the ground that crinkle as you step on them

Brisk Autumn Sunsets

Gingerbread Skim Lattes from Starbucks

Earth Tones & Golds Being SOOO In During this Time of Year

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (Garfield Baloon)

That Same 5K Marathon we have in our Town EVERY Thxgvng Day since I was small

Home-Made Apple Pie (Secret Family Recipe)

The Stamina (and Appitite) Required to Attend 2 and sometimes 3 Thanksgiving Day Meals

My (Semi) Large (and Broken) Family

My Amazing Roommates Who Cook and Bake Amazing Foods

Thanksgiving Eve Reunions

Mini Vacations From the Office

My New Transportable Apple Powerbook...HOTTT

Decorative Cabbages

Physician's Formula Natural Bronzer (Sunkissed Glow)

My Cat, Rainbow, who is Blind and Deaf and nearly as old as I am, but can still manage to prance around the house

All the PIIIIIIIES (Strawberry Rubarb, Pecan, Pumpkin, Apple)

The Cool Breeze in the Subway Station

John Mayer

The Smell of Firewood Nowadays

Text Messages During a Boring Morning in the Office or a Lonely Night In

The Perfect Jingle hitting your iPod at an Ironic Moment

Lost Friends Sensing your Thoughts and Reaching Out before you have gathered up your nerve to contact them

Coming Out of the Cold to a Nice Glass of Merlot

The Comforting Redundance of "A Christmas Story" Marathon on Thxgvng Day

The First Sight of Holiday Decorations in City Streets & Stores

Black Friday Sales... Time to Shop Til You Drop!

Acceptance in the Realization That I may be Alone This Holiday Season

Being Able to be There for Myself

Warm Scarfs

HBO On Demmand

My Cardio Striptease Class

"When Harry Met Sally" & "Serendipity" on Oxygen

My Quick Heating Apartment

The Good Health of Me and my Loved Ones

NYC is the Place to BE

Balthazar

Udon Noodle Soup

All My Scrumptious Blogger Pals

Happy Turkey Day Y'all...

12 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Alanna -Happy bird day! *hugs*

11/24/05, 10:01 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Happy Turkey Day girl! Tell your family I said Hi and tell Brother sorry I couldn't bring him home last night. He heard I was chillin in P.J. and called to bum a ride but I had already left. I hope he didn't have to take a cab :(

11/24/05, 10:35 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Alanna... ;)

11/24/05, 6:14 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

A.Joy,

Good stuff to be thankful for. You rule my dome.

11/24/05, 8:24 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Great List! I hope you had a wonderful day!

11/24/05, 11:36 PM  
Blogger CandyGirl said...

Happy thanx giving to you all! I kmow i'm a day late but i just kind of remembered! Hope you had a great one. And i'm backkkk!!

11/25/05, 1:00 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

have to agree with many of those Alanna! Happy Thanksgiving!

11/25/05, 6:08 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Great list. Lots to be thankful for, eh?

11/25/05, 10:23 AM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

a great thing about thanksgiving is that in the weeks afterward are all the animated xmas specials. i'm all about the grinch. and the charlie brown one. and the rudolph one with yukon cornelius.

11/25/05, 12:24 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Wonderful list!!!!! It amazes me how similar we are. :)Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season!

11/25/05, 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm...piiieeeeee

11/25/05, 4:24 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Great list dude.

I like the one about the leaves that crinkle when you walk on them.

How was the weekend? I slept a lot.

Tonight I'm gonna watch Charlie Brown Christmas on DVD. Such a nerd I am.

11/28/05, 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home