Friday, December 09, 2005

Dirty Blonde

So I took the whole day off from work today. Went to a holiday party last night with a friend at a spicy new club on the west side called 'Pacha'. The true opening is set for tonight, but us hipsters felt super suave n special walking up that red carpet a night early to the thumping techno beats and tempting Christmas-tini's that were being served inside.

After scoping out 3 floors, the co-ed see-through showers and the green VIP room (not to mention 4 rum & diets and 1 Christmas-tini) ....Oh, and a partridge in a pair tree... We were finally all Pacha'ed out and made our way through the double steel doors and out into the fridgit night.

I sleepily awoke this morning to a blairing alarm clock reminding me to get my pounding head and and toasty body out of bed and into a cab to take me downtown to the hair salon. Ok, WHO might I ask, makes a 9 AM appointment to get their hair colored the day after a Christmas party and the morning of Manhattan's very first blizzard of the season?

Apparently only ME, because I was the only client in the joint promptly (and amazingly) at 9.

Another question: Have you ever experienced going to a hair salon, telling your stylist EXACTLY what it is you'd like done, and then having her do the COMPLETE OPPOSITE? OK, well, that pretty much happened to me today. I asked for typical blonde bombshell highlights, you know, Reese Witherspoon style. What do I get? Dirty blonde hair with caramel low lights.. Sweet. I look in the mirror and jump at the sight of it...

This person is so NOT me.

All I can say is...Man am I a Dirty Blonde...(and I don't mean Britney style)

-Blonde is just another name for HOT-
-Life is better BLONDE-
-Blondes have more FUN-

16 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

was this your date with dbf? nice hair, hipster

12/9/05, 4:49 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Woah! Who's the stranger? Oh. Sorry, didn't recognize you. It's not the hair, it was the frown. Honest!

Did she color all of your hair that color? I can't tell from the picture. It could be worse. Somehow. Look on the bright side. It'll grow out, eventually.

12/9/05, 7:01 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I am loving your life right now - how fun to go to that club opening last night! It's like a scene right out of Sex and the City! I'm sorry about the dirty blonde thing, but from the looks of your picture, you're still h-o-t so you're all good!

12/9/05, 8:01 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Almost forgot to mention, being hot is a state of mind, not a hair color. You'd still be hot if you had it colored neon green.

Which is why I'm rocking the dark brown hair. Really.

12/10/05, 5:16 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've even dedicated a couple of whines/rants about it on my blog. I don't understand when I show a picture of what I want...and yet can't seem to get it. It's like, if you don't understand, tell me - I'll break it down for ya!

This last visit to the stylist was far more successful than previous ones. But I'm hesitant to have her do more than just a cut at this point!!!

12/10/05, 5:49 AM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

Flippin sweet. Dirty is the new blonde.

12/10/05, 6:24 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Alanna -Gotta love that customer service? LOL Keep goin' girl :)

12/10/05, 7:52 AM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Ah yes, another great blog to read by a hottie! Sweet.

12/10/05, 8:12 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

Girl you are right...you are the same color as meeeeee! Except I prefer to call it CHESTNUT not dirty b.

12/10/05, 4:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I've been cutting my own hair for the past five years, so I can't complain if my "stylist" messes up. Fortunately he is a raging perfectionist...

12/10/05, 4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH NO ALANNA!!! are you going to go and get it re-sun-kissed??

oh, and my stylist is the same, in the begining i would tell her what i wanted, and she would say- "NO, here is what we're going to do..." !! but i liked what she did- now i just tell her- to do whatever she wants--

12/11/05, 4:08 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Phew, I thought you were going to say your hair turned green!

Go brunette. It's dark, mysterious...

Yeah, right.

12/12/05, 4:41 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

i know exactly how you feel! aarrgh! but it looks great and you'll get used to it.

12/12/05, 9:16 AM  
Blogger Big Ben said...

Blondes have more fun but dirty blondes have more dirty fun, which is better than regular fun.

12/12/05, 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely don't like dirty blonde look. I'm so sorry for you girl.
If I were you I would have not paid for those highlights and smacked her all the way to the floor.

the end!

12/12/05, 8:29 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

First off...props for getting out of bed and going to get your hair done after a wild night out. I can't say I'd have made it.

Sorry about the hair trauma. I hate when that happens. Especially after you spend a fortune. LOL

12/12/05, 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home