Thursday, October 06, 2005

What Would You Say To John?







So, not only have I established that I am extremely content and at ease with the changing of seasons taking place inch by inch, day by day, leaf by leaf in this big city...But I also have other cause for grins and extreme sudden outbursts of joy this week=

John Mayer Trio!..Playing tonight!...at the Beacon!

I am amazed with myself for not only disregarding the use of capital letters when writing those last few words, but also that I did not insist on placing my all too characteristic parenthesis next to each one, explaining my exact thought or emotion as the words escaped my lips!

I have been looking forward to this concert for months now, way before the tickets could be pre-ordered or had even gone on sale! I will come clean: I am in udder facination, wonder and amazement with John. Is it because I think he's a looker? Eh, not terribley...although I will admit he has the height thing going for him, which I totally dig. But more over, its all about the music baby...intense, profoundly felt lyrics with just the right ring of acoustics and melody to take you prancing from one upbeat tune to the next, which might just happen to be a love song (for no one) or a ballad of heartache and (split screen) sadness. Yes, there is something refreshingly familiar and yet freeing about his songs that can always seem to ease me into my day or accompany me home on a Quiet (sunday) evening. John's passionate words also have faint elements of tenderness, sadness, and nastalgia that have a way of tugging at my soul, possessing my mind and offering up remembrance, precious day dreams and sweet fantasies. Therefore you can understand my absolute enthusiasm that I will once again get to hear these songs live, with John himself present before my gleaming eyes.

OK, now I know this sounds silly, and you will probably start cringing (as my friends did when I started in on this) but what happens if by some miraculous twist of fate I wind up actually MEETING John Mayer and am even allowed to....SPEAK to him? WHAT then? WHAT THEN? OK. Let me catch my breathe before I proceed. To be truthful, this is a very serious question I have been asking myself for the last month, ever since the purchase of those Orchestra seat tickets. I mean, I will be right up front, where all the action goes down, where all the magic happens and an opportunity for eye-flirting possibly? Hey, ya never know sistas. Anyway, after giving it some thought, I really don't think I would wind up saying half of all the real things I would like to say to him ie: "I am INFATUATED with you, stalk your website, have your music on repeat on my Pod etc. etc..... No. I do believe that might scare ANY typical mild mannered 20-something fleeing in the opposite direction. I instead, opt to take the "play it cool" approach, and breezily say "Yo, I totally DIG your music." Plain and simple...Bare minimum...Lay it on the line.

So now that I know what I would say, what about YOU? What would YOU say to John? (please include copywrites if you DO NOT intend to allow me to steal your good answers if I do, infact meet John Mayer)

Time to Geek Out: My favorite song by John Mayer is "Lifelines" followed by "Sucker" - John Mayer Trio favorite "Vultures"

6 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn said...

; )

10/6/05, 7:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

have fun!

ps: reffering to your last post- pumpkin spice and gingerbread lattes are MY favorite at starbucks tooo!!! we're so twins!

:)

10/6/05, 8:12 AM  
Blogger Aymster said...

You already know what I would say to him, I won't elaborate. Instead of saying something cool and "breezily," You should say "I'm breezy" you know,like on that friends episode...oh, never mind. Or you should bring up the NY Sports club thing and ask why didn't he ever go to the gym. Did he get his ass kicked in a bar or what?

By the way, the pic of J.M. is by far, the scariest pic I've seen of him, to date. He's a hardass now with the shaggy hair covering one eye and the "what the fuck you lookin at" stare. I feel like he's burning a hole through my soul.I'm not stalking your site until you add another post.

Have tons of fun doll! I hope you meet and hear the sound of wedding bells.

10/6/05, 12:23 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

P.S. - (interview w/aymster)

J.M., when did you become a TRIO? Is that new?
Where were the other two hiding?
(I don't know this info)

J.M., why do you look like and overgrown 12yr old?
Is the shag hair cool?
Why did J.L. Hewitt dump you?

J.M., why did you sign up to go to the NYSC to get ripped up, so you could defend your 12yr old lookin body if you got in a fight?
I heard from my ex-bf you never returned.

I expect detailed answers to all my questions, after your concert!Smooch!

Now, I'm NEVER stalkin you again!

10/6/05, 2:27 PM  
Blogger highcontrast said...

so i'm a loser and when i like a song i put it on repeat forEVER. and my latest obsession is john's "clarity". AMAZING. love it.

10/6/05, 11:35 PM  
Blogger alannajoy said...

i luv it Highcontrast- Also one of my all time JM favs!

10/7/05, 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home