Monday, August 29, 2005

El Natural In The Country...A Letter To Bara.

Ciao Bella!
It is 1 o'clock which means it's officially my lunch break..I'm all yours Bara!



So this weekend I shipped all my friends from the city out to L.I. for a little fun in the sun, Shoreham-Style. We ate and drank poolside, carousing and whooping it up, then shimmied down to the beach with my kayak over our shoulders for some paddling and swimming, all the while balancing a drink in one hand mind you! It was some good times with these city folk, they really "ooooh and awwwe" over any signs of nature..so i think they were a bit looking like Alice in Wonderland for the first few hours!

Another highlight was our good old M-Roy, flying her sad little self in from Chi-Town on the morning run. She recently broke it off with her BF (for good this time i think) and bless her heart we did our best to chip churp cheer her up (as the Pancake Queen would say)! So we consoled... she drank... and moments later the girl was a flat out waste case: all smiles, shaken her ass and partying it up like a good guest should! We certainly learned the recipe for her happiness that day!! heehee..

After BBQing and creating lots of delish delights (which we hoovered in a matter of minutes!) we got the crew ready to bare the beach again for a scrumptious bonfire and smores session, complete with a 10 pound box of Hersheys =)...(hey, I was in charge). It took some time to get the fire going despite my request for some Boy Scouting Skills to surface (the city folk just arent capable of it all I guess). But when we did get the fire rippin' and roarin' it was quite a site and those lil toasty mallows were like heaven on the palette! You would have been so proud!

After rounds of "Truth or Dare" and "Never Have I Ever", where we discovered the latest sexual position & location among other intimate and hysterical details, the night was about complete. We had some issues with D-Roomie's sis J-Bunny who decided to pull a Houdinni and wound up magically appearing back at the house after we sent out search parties and such. But all in all - A very successful venture!

Other exciting cameo appearances included our cutie Als driving all the way from CT to show the love and spend time with her daily emailing girlies; Nelly & Square Egg rounding up the troops and packing in the boys to produce a whole car-load of strapping young men for the debachel; the crew of A-Myn, W.keng and Oscar Mayer; S-Roomie with her sweet amigos, and J-Bunny & Tommy Boy for shits & giggles...it was quite a likely group.

Annnyway love, seeing as I am now an Urban Goddess completely surrounded by the Concrete Jungle, its not often I get to sport the bikini and swap nature stories, so figured it was time to share this lil fiasco with my bestest gal. Here are some pics from the fine event, complete with gorg beach shots and perty gals in the sun.

Hope you are fantastic! I am going bananas missing you! I am going to be in desperate need of a long one from you, clueing me in on your life as the Kiwi-Ameri-Goddess...thesis, flatmates, schedules, B-rad and all...leave no details out! And if there is a time to give me a jingle, drop me an email so I will be eagerly awaiting by the phone when its time.

Catch you down under!! Love to you,
Alannna Joy x

2 Comments:

Blogger Aymster said...

Awe, Honey...sounds like GOOD TIMES. I wish I could have been at that HOT Shoreham party. After this little piece I feel like I was. Oh, smores and the beach! Remember those days...Zack Attack! Well I bet those smores were made with LUV! Just like they should be. Bet those city Folk were impressed with the country side of LI and you showed them a how to party SHOREHAM STYLE.

8/29/05, 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alanna with an 'a' front n rear!,
miss anonoymous reporting in... must remain incognito, i slaved over my alloted visa hours last week... yikiers!!! just adding, alannaland has swept me away to an unknown sublime. and this new addition to the so-called 'bara' was utterly ground shaking. i am certain the kiwi goddess is chuffed as a chicken that u took the girl scout inititive and showed those urbanites that 'bush' (forest in kiwi lingo) life can invigorate the innermost metropolis of a soul. good on ya sista! werd to the bird! X'es from nz to the newly discovered 10th planet! yowza!!! thats a heapin helpin! su-nit out

8/29/05, 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home