Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Under Cover(s) With D-Roomie

So after a fun-filled (and surprisingly crazy) weekend under my belt, Monday reared its ugly head quicker than I ever could have dreamed. I hadn't touched my To-Do list from the weekend, hadn't sent out (let alone done) any ounce of laundry. No grocery shopping, cardio hip-hop class, or feather duster touched...Nope, I was a regular slacker of the worst kind. So much of a slacker might I add, that I had stripped my bed the day before and it still lay there, awaiting new fresh linnens to cling to its edges.

Seeing as though I was in full-on lazy mode, there was absolutely no way those sheets would be cleaned in time for my evening slumber. Sure I had an extra set or two packed away in the closet shelf right next to the naked fouton...But how on earth were they going to get ON my bed? I closed my eyes for a moment hoping that when I opened them I would see dancing sheets doing the Cooca-Racha, flying through the air until they landed right where they belonged...But as much as I willed that Mexican Mariachi band to start playing, and linnens to start flying...quiet and solemn they sat.

"Ddddddddddddddd? So my question is: (which I KNOW you'll be a BIG fan of) Can I sleep with YOU tonight? Pretty, pretty please? OK, OK, I will be your BEST friend!?" That did it. She was sold. Either that or D-Roomie was so intoxicated with sleep at that point that she would have agreed to anything in order to shut me up and get her buns to bed. "YESSSSSSS." I ran into the bathroom to finish washing up and brush my teeth.

I came into her room and flopped down on the big sleigh-like bed she arranged so warm and cozy. She was already underneath the covers, lights out, with the small tv carrying muffled voices at the other side of the room. "Dddddddddd, are you seriously going to sleep? This is supposed to be a sleepover you know?!" D-Roomie fully agreed as she turned over and her eyes slowly began to close. "When in Rome..." I thought to myself and tried to get acclimated in my new surroundings. I closed my eyes...but they flew open. I tried again... and once more, wide-eyed I was. "D, tell me more about J...I need more info on him." With that, D-Roomie was asleep no more, and even though her eyes weren't necessarily open, words came pouring out from her fluttering lips. "Well, he is HYSTERICAL. I mean, that boy can keep me laughing and in tears for an entire conversation!" And so it started...The guy gossip went on and on, both of us swapping war stories...er...date stories. Before we knew it, we were both sound asleep not even realizing when, or at what point, our little late night slumber convo had ended.

The next morning I awoke to D-Roomie saying softly "Good morning A.Joy, I am getting up and into the shower...Do you want me to wake you when I get out?" "No, thats okay." I groggily replied, "I think I can make it up right now!" I was amazed at how motivated and rejouvinated I was. Its funny how it all works. One minute you are the slacker with the messy room and naked bed, and the next, you are among warm company in a warm bed, sharing smiles and feeling completely at ease. That Tuesday was a 180 from the day before. Upon waking, I promptly sent my laundry out to be cleaned, picked up my room and started breakfast. Maybe it was all the chaos of the day before pushing me to get things done...but maybe it was the small time I spent under cover(s) with D.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aymster said...

I want to slumber party with you and D-Roomie...not fair!!!

9/27/05, 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home