Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sweetest Summer Smells











This is my second summer living in Manhattan, and maybe you'd think that by now I'd have morphed into a full-fledged Urbanite, completely at home among my Concrete Jungle. But just like you can't take the pie out of the piecrust (well ok, maybe I can), there is no way you will ever take the country out of this girl....I find myself yearning for all the sights, sounds and especially the smells of summer...

I wish I was among the smell of:

Campfire Smoke :as a cool wind blows through my hair on the beach, and I hear the distant sound of small waves washing up on shore.

Blowing Trees :in the distant outdoors, while I lie awake at night in my bed next to the window.

Honey Suckles :as I walk briskly and impatiently down the wooden path that will lead me to my own private retreat...the Sound up ahead peaking through the bluffs as I decend.

Rose Pettles :from my Aunt Susie's garden while her dog barks, eager to capture my attention.

Robins Nests with Blue Speckled Eggs :in our outdoor fixtures when I walk up the steps to the porch on a warm sunny day.

Raspberries :as I pluck each juicy berry from its thorny habitat, being careful not to prick my fingers or fall out of step... I wear my big straw hat and button up RL shirt with the sleeves rolled, to keep from burning my bikini clad body as I pick with delight near the country road.

Salt Water :as I take a deep inhale of the Bay breeze, hear the loud motor of a wave runner in the channel and slowly rock with the motion of the waves beneath me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home