Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Looking Through A Window

It has been a terrible chore to get myself to write lately. I don't know if it is because I feel that I'm becoming more boring by the minute these days, or just that my life is... (slightly pesemistic today, eh?) Anyway it is another cool Tuesday here in Manhattan and after watching the WB11 (now CW11) and making my morning stroll with D-Roomie to the office, here I sit in front of my white imac typing away with breaks to glance out the window and keep an eagle eye on the construction they are doing across the street on our narrow midtown block which faces the Public Library.

I'm getting psyched for later... Amy Milan from The Stars is playing at Joe's Pub and I've got a nice batch of friendsters lined up to accompany. My Bro should be coming in too which will even further sweeten the pot, as these times with him are now cherrished more than our childhood could ever have predicted. I've never been to Joe's Pub but I hear its quite a venue: old-school Jazz hall with a modern flair... Sign me up any day...

Tiny green-tinted reading lights sit on every dark oak table, while jazz junkies comfortably sip bourbon or Maker's on the rocks in a tumbler. The stage is quaint and a single spotlight hits the performer who sits on her stool in a slinky rayon dress (off her shoulders). She carefully toys with a chrome microphone propped up on a stand in front of her. As melody fills the air at the hit of her first single note, chills interupt my warm body and I close my eyes in a sea of soaring vibrations that engulf my existance at that very moment... Time stands still and I feel that there is no lonliness or consequences or worries for tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Blogger Marissa said...

i've found it a chore to write lately too -- i wonder why? either i think of something i want to say and then think, 'no one will care, why write it?' or i have NOTHING exciting to talk about. maybe with the onset of our favorite fall and pumpkin spice lattes we'll begin to feel inspired again!

10/3/06, 11:56 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I agree, sometimes, it can be a challenge to sit down and write something each and every single post. At times, I wonder if I should bother writing as well.

When such a thought crosses my mind, I remind myself that I shouldn't care what other people think of what I'm writing because I am writing this for myself. If there are people who connect with what I write, I am gratified to know that I'm not alone in these feelings.

My only regret at this time is that I've taken on so many different hats that I don't get to write what I am thinking and feeling as often as I want to. Nor reading what others are thinking and feeling.

I take it that you enjoyed the night out at that jazz venue. Please elaborate if you will.

10/8/06, 6:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omgoodness, i work right near the library in midtown, right near bryant park. oh i hate how crowded it is in that area. bleh

10/9/06, 1:53 PM  
Blogger the Wootang said...

ok, so amy millan vs john mayer. who wins?

10/13/06, 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home