Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thats How I Work the Day Away in the Merry Old Land of... Manhattan!

In the past 3 months, I've been diligently working away, memorizing new rules to live by in the advertising world, adhering to fanatic deadlines, appeasing egos and embracing the world of Manhattan real estate in it's most sublime light (if such a thing is actually possible).

And I'm loving it!

I am loving every strand of pivotal information. Every new article I read in the New York Times. Every deadline I cart my ass around to make. Every new client I shake hands with. I'm falling head over heals... (And surprisingly it has nothing to do with a man (le sigh)... )

But another crucial reason I am loving my daily jaunts around the office is because of the people I encounter on a regular basis. The characters I call my co-workers whom I embrace with smiles are just that; characters. I believe I could take every one of their personalities and use it to write my own mini-series of "The Office". It is THAT good...

Maybe I have found a new calling... I may be forced by the powers from above (and below... and basically just some magical force forcing me) to write a mini-biography of someone I feel to be "exeptional". I will do my best to capture the true essence of their spirit, conviction and persona, and hopefully it will make for some riveting and enthralling words. Maybe, anyway... I'm not setting off to affend, that is for sure.

These days the hours fly and before I know it, 6 o'clock has arrived and I'm eagerly poking my head into my boss' office. "Enjoy your evvvveningggg!" I say in a sugar-coated, upward burst. I only hope she has a hankering for sweets!

4 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

sounds like you work in a soap opera or something. yeah, i understand how work can be an important social outlet, especially since i've recently been doing my work from home. alone. in my underwear. unless one of my flatmates also decides to work from home. then we're both in our underwear. unless it's j9, but that's another story. at least you're enjoying a high level of job satisfaction.

ps. i don't drink pee pee. that was def iain you were chatting with. he's the 1st into his underwear.

6/20/06, 11:49 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

How wonderful! Your enthusiasm is bouncing off the page and I actually feel it - I'm so happy for you!!

6/21/06, 5:32 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

awesome! you make me miss the energy in manhattan..

6/22/06, 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! I'm hopping a flight to all things Alana tommorrow. I'm heading to NYC this weekend. Where you be?

I also moved my blog. I'm still working on letting everyone know. IT's here...

Ciao bella!

7/13/06, 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home