Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just Sayin'...













... I'm back... (from Tokyo)

I kept getting hit up with, "What did you get lost in Tokyo and never make it back to this side of the world?" Um, no.. although I semi wish this were the case, and would probably be way more interesting as a post than what I now have to offer, however, the real story is one of sheer laziness where my writing is concerned...

At any rate, I'm alive, I'm kicking and ticking around the city of Manhattan, and feel as though I'm starting to find my way in the direction of Alannaland. Things lately, for me, have been on the upside... small, baby-sized sort of feats that have lead me to a place of acceptance with myself, of myself... and I feel an empowerment that may halo into something larger, that may prove to push me towards a growth that I am ready to embrace.

Its pleasantly unexpected for me to recognize myself growing... Like the enormous puzzle that you've been working at here or there for ages on the fold out table in the corner of your home office that finally begins to show the picture from the box taking its form. Its another piece of yourself, snapping into place and fitting into its groove where it belongs.

I've been filled with my own faith, in myself and in the universe, that maybe, just maybe I am traveling in the manner and on the course that will lead me to a higher place... A better place within me that will settle with feelings of peace and security and happiness on a more constant level... Only time will tell...

But for now, I will close my eyes as the night hour falls upon the rather chilly city, and think of the green palms and pure shores I am to be jaunting off to in just a wee short days time...

I may be back from Tokyo, but I can't say I'll be able to write the same when I get to Maui... You may just lose me there...

Pic taken of the bay in Kamakura, Japan.

4 Comments:

Blogger the Wootang said...

welcome back, 'lan!

4/1/08, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Hollie Nell said...

Good to have you back! Glad things are going well. So jealous about the travel. Wish I could quit my job and travel for a year!

4/4/08, 2:17 PM  
Blogger Bahooba! said...

what you're searching for will find it's way to you, perhaps unexpectedly, perhaps not, but one day you'll wake up and you'll feel it.

4/27/08, 9:56 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

welcome back!!

11/8/08, 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home